Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Green Lee Petry really a Lilly?

My great Aunt Lorene Petry recently told me that her father (my great-grandfather)Green Lee Petry (1865-1942) was not really the son of Ballard Preston Petry of Dry Creek WV. My mother confirmed that rumor as well. She said that he was in fact a Lilly. Green Lee Petry lived mostly in Cabin Creek, but had a farm in Summers County as well. Does any Lilly family have any idea about this? I saw that there is a Green Lee Lilly in the West Virginia Archives. He was married to a Mary Criser. I don't know Green Lee Lilly's birth date so I have no way of knowing if there was any connection or just coincidence about the first and middle name. My first thought was that perhaps Green Lee Lilly was the father of my great-grandfather Green Lee Petry. Just wandering of anyone knew any ancient history. Thanks!

Re: Green Lee Petry really a Lilly?

My grandmother was Lorene's sister, Tressie. I am also trying to find more information. I have heard the same thing from my grandmother. Was wondering if we could share information.
Thanks,
Christina Brown