Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Book on Mercer County Civil War History

I am pleased to announce that my book— Tears on the Bluestone is now in print. This work, dealing primarily with Civil War soldiers in Mercer County, West Virginia, also contains a great deal of information on soldiers and families in the surrounding counties of Virginia and West Virginia—including the Lillys and associated families.

The 151st Virginia Militia was called into service in late August 1861, as part of a force attempting to cooperate with the commands of feuding generals Henry Wise and John B. Floyd. Ultimately, Robert E. Lee assumed personal command in the ill-fated Western Virginia Campaign of 1861. During the winter of 1861-62, the “Flat Top Copperheads”, a Confederate guerrilla company spawned from the 151st Militia, clashed frequently with Ohio troops, culminating in the battle at Clark’s Hollow, West Virginia on May 1, 1862.

This book was recently cited in the June 2007 edition of “News from the Manuscripts Division” at the Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center. www.rbhayes.org/hayes/manunews/

The book contains 440 pages, detailed biographical rosters, and over 100 archival photographs, maps and illustrations.

This work can be previewed and purchased online @
www.lulu.com/content/652099

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Through the French and Meador families

Re: New Book on Mercer County Civil War History

can you help im looking for info on my grandpa+grandma lilly i have tryed to get info on tham but i cant get no where on it my dad's name is ronald lee lilly im looking for his mom+dad can you help .....i feel like there is a hole in my life with out knowing tham and the rest i know that i can to the family fun i dont thank i will be welcome there and my blood is a lilly

thank you...... rebecca sue lilly{mckay}

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? robert lilly is in my family book

Congratulations, I also wrote a somewhat fictional account(released Jan 15th through PublishAmerica) about the same battle (The battle of Clark House) the book is called American Bushwhacker. Henry and Ruth Clark were my Great, great grandparents and my mother was a Lilly so I'm related to almost everyone of the Flattop Copperheads. I cannot wait to read it.I based mine mostly on the Diaries of Colonel Hayes.Its only 200 pages long but it was fun to write. I am so excited that finally the word is getting out about our brave and somewhat persnikity ancestors. Once again CONGRATULATIONS and I'm gettin' your book as soon as I can! Sincerely Teresa Clark

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yep

Hello,

Where can I buy this book???? We do not give out information on-line.

Thanks, Calvin & Dorothy Meadows, Va. dmea986657@aol.com

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes

Hi,

I would love to purchase this new book about my 3rd great-grandfather & grandmother Henry Clark & Ruth Mize, The Battle At The Clark House. I do not order on-line. Is there another way to buy the book???
Please let us know.

Calvin & Dorothy Meadows, Va.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes