Return to Website

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum

Keep in touch, look for relatives, discuss the reunion, do it all here in one spot!

Lilly Family Message Board and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for the Lilly Meador/Meadows Connection

HELLO TO ALL MY LILLY'S AND DECENDANTS.
My father is Vernon Lilly. His father Earl Lilly. Earl was born Dec. 26 1921. I need to find out if Earls mother was Letcher Lilly. And beyond that I am looking to establish the connection between the Lilly and Meadow/Meador families. I am new to all of this so any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? No

Re: Looking for the Lilly Meador/Meadows Connection

I searched based on what info you posted but came up with nothing. Email me a little more history and I will see what I find. Try joining Ancestry.com I have had a lot of luck there.

Jody Lilly

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? Yes

thomas lilly the 1st married rosanna meador on aug 22 1798 he also had a brother edmond that married edith meador (dont know the dates) it also looks as if thomas's son john pence lilly married a nancy meador in the early 1800's ( oh by the way thomas and edmond are the sons of robert lilly and mary francis moody)
hope this was some help

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes

There are tons of Lilly and Meadows marriages..

My grandfather was William H " Johnny" Meadows( born 1907) and was Married to Cora Daisy ( Happy ) Lilly ( born 1911).. they lived most of their married lives in Monroe County...

Granny Happy died in 1959, and my grandfather died in 1968.. and are buried up in Wikel WVa...

Rev. Josiah Meador II b.10 Feb 1758 d.25 Dec 1845 s/o Josiah I & Lavina Meador, m. Juda Lilly b.1764 d. 10 Jan 1846 d/o Robert & Frances Moody Lilly. 11 Children: Elizabeth, Turner, Docia, Naomi, Thomas, Judith, Nancy, Josiah III, John, William Moody, Green Washington. I have their spouses & dob, dod, dom if you want to contact me. Josiah Meador III also m Juda Lilly b 1801. Have lots of info on them if you're interested. They are my ggggrandparents.

Hi Amy, Can you get us back another generation or two? I can't find your line in my database. BTW, please check your email address. I tried it and it bounced. Thanks, Cousin Bob in Rochester, NY

Karen Dukes...I would love to have the info on all the spouses that you have...some of the dates that I have do not match up with yours. Could you send me a complete listing of Josiah Meadors I II & III?
Thanks

Ella Graye Meador Lilly was my mother in law married to Dallas Golf Lilly of Flat Top still alot of her relatives brothers and sisters up in the cleveland ohio area I Josiah Lilly was my husbands grandfater and Otis Meador was his grandfather.

Karen Dukes
Rev. Josiah Meador II b.10 Feb 1758 d.25 Dec 1845 s/o Josiah I & Lavina Meador, m. Juda Lilly b.1764 d. 10 Jan 1846 d/o Robert & Frances Moody Lilly. 11 Children: Elizabeth, Turner, Docia, Naomi, Thomas, Judith, Nancy, Josiah III, John, William Moody, Green Washington. I have their spouses & dob, dod, dom if you want to contact me. Josiah Meador III also m Juda Lilly b 1801. Have lots of info on them if you're interested. They are my ggggrandparents.

Would love to have more information-pics-documents-.
thanks paula

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? yes Judith Lilly

Amy Lilly
HELLO TO ALL MY LILLY'S AND DECENDANTS.
My father is Vernon Lilly. His father Earl Lilly. Earl was born Dec. 26 1921. I need to find out if Earls mother was Letcher Lilly. And beyond that I am looking to establish the connection between the Lilly and Meadow/Meador families. I am new to all of this so any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

My name is christopher hurt a great grandson or great great grandson of a lilly.I am 13 now but I belive my great grandparent on the other side is a meadow.I will problily have more info soon.

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? N/A

My great gandpa was emitt or emit meadows

Can You Trace Your Line To Robert Lilly ? N/A

Hello Chris, I think its great that you at your age are interested in finding info you your family. Do you have any other information on Emmit Meadows, such as his wifes name, place of birth etc. Your Parents and Granparents names would help also. I did a quick search of just his name and there are tons of Emmit Meadows. Seems back in those old days they had a limited thought process when it came to names and they used them over and over in the same family.
I have that problem looking for my own family.

Anything you can find out might help narrow the search down! Never know we could be related, I have several Meadows in my family. There are also some Meadows that had changed their name from Meador. I read the story on that but of course can not rememeber where. Let me know what you find out.