The Icehole Tour Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

The Icehole Tour Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Beegest Ever (So far)

Saturday, August 1, 2009
The Belanger Household

630am
Greg K: "Neil, wake up, take me fishing"
Neil:

730am
Greg K: "Neil, you said you'd take me fishing today, lets go"
Neil: "Give me an hour"

830am
Greg K: "Dude, c'mon now, let's go slay em"
Neil: "My head is pounding, too many shots last night, I need asprin"
Greg K: "Then get some effin asprin and let's go"

850am
Meg : "Ok, I'm off to work, Greg, sometimes Neil needs a little pushing to get up in the morning"

915am
Greg K : "Neil, you said you'd take me fishing so take me fishing, I just rolled a big joint, get the hell up"

So we finally made it on the water around 940am, the beautiful Chaunce. I have never been to Chauncy except from shore maybe one time. It was great to finally get out on this place in a boat.
THANK YOU NEIL FOR TAKING ME OUT ON YOUR BOAT!

The day wasn't starting out too promising as we both picked up a couple of dinks over the first hour. It was real slow all day. We had a few missed opportunities throughout the day and were fishing every group of lillies we saw, just working our way around the small lake. Neil was working the buzzbait and frog and I was working the 4" baby bass senko all day long. Many fish were taking stabs at the frog and we could see swells from among the lillies but we couldn't get anything. As the morning turned into afternoon we were going to try a couple of more areas and then start heading back. For all the stories I've heard about Chauncy, the place definitely wasn't living up to it's potential on this day.

As we floated by a group of lillies we entered an area with trees overhanging in the water, defining a line of shadow and light that looked perfect for bass habitat. Neil continued to throw the buzzbait and this one time he threw it he tells me to drop my senko in there right after he left. I put the senko in a perfect spot right underneath the tree and let it sink and sit. I didn't pull it up right away but I gave the line a small bit of tension and could feel a little resistance. It might have been some weeds pulling on me, which was happening all day. But the resistance started pulling me to the right a little and I pulled back and rode it out about 4 or 5 feet when I realized I had something on there. I set the hook by pulling straight up and against the pull of the line and my rod immediately bent straight down. I started reeling and shouted to Neil "Get the Net!". Neil replied with "I don't have a net!". At that point I really started sweating it because I knew there was a monster on the other end. It started swimming towards the front of the boat and neil was yelling for me to bring it to the back of the boat because it was headed towards the trolling motor. I got it to the back and prevented it from going under the boat. When it came out of the water all I could see is weeds so I didn't realize how big it was. When I pulled away the weeds I couldn't believe my eyes, this thing was a bohemouth!!! As the weeds came off I grabbed the thing as fast as I could and got it on the boat. My first call was 7lbs! I've only seen a couple of fish this big in my life! So we got the scale out and weighed it 4 times with the scale settling in a 5 lb 14oz, we wanted it to hit 6 so bad! As we're going nuts on the boat we see a couple of old ladies on a pontoon boat yelling and screaming so I hold it up and start yelling to them! This is definitely a personal best for me and one I'll never forget. So the next time you're slated to go fishing with Neil get that **** kid out of bed. I'll send everyone the kodak gallery pictures via email...

Here's the Youtube video :

Re: Beegest Ever (So far)

that my brother!!

Re: Beegest Ever (So far)

Nice Bass!