The Icehole Tour Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

The Icehole Tour Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dark Brook Reservoir

Fished Dark Brook in Auburn on Sunday with the fishing club. I had no idea it was going to rain on sunday so I stayed at Neil's house and didn't bring any rain gear with me. Luckily the guy I fished with had extra gear for me. So it poured like crazy when we got on at 7am until about 1030ish. During the morning hours I managed to snag one keeper on a spinnerbait right at the weedline. The place is covered with milfoil everywhere but we could find some pockets here and there where we could throw rattletraps and spinnerbaits. Anyway, I caught a ton of fish throughout the day but they came in the form of the Slimey Pickerel, the "What have you done for me lately" Perch, and the shorty shortpants shortmouth bass (aka, Forest Laker). The guy I fished with ended up getting a 3.79 lb bass pretty early after the rain stopped but nothing too much after that. My big one came around 215pm when all hope was just about lost. Thought my day was done with one 12"...nope... I tossed the senko down into the Milfoil and let it sink, and sink.. as it was down on the bottom I felt that tug and set the hook forcefully and carefully. Prior to this catch I had proceeded to blow at least 10 but who was counting. I finally hooked it and started reeling, I got it close to the boat but then it went straight down under the boat. I then see that my drag is wicked loose and I'm not getting the bass any closer to the boat. After fixing the drag slightly I got it close to the boat and my partner grabbed it with the net. The both of us thought I was going to loose it for sure. The guy I fished with and I both got the two beeg ones of the day because everyone else had fish weighing under 2 pounds.

here's the link to the picture:
http://mysite.verizon.net/gkalivas/slides/IMG_2332.html

If anyone is interested, we're still taking members...

http://classicbass.tourneyofturneys.com/