The Icehole Tour Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

The Icehole Tour Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sunny Florida

The heat started from the time we got to the boat in warm sunny Florida. We meet up with our Capt. Stan Cooper who us a awesome guide. Recommend him to anyone who is ever in the area. We drive a short distance across the bay to some saw grass flats that cut in & out like little islands. We was prolly in 2 to 4 feet of water the whole time. From every corner of the boat you could see mullet jumping. They where huge & I kept asking how we could catch them, but no go they just eat grass & mud. Well in the first hour it's hot, we are useing top water baits & speckled trout are nailing them but not always hooking up. They would sometimes knock the lure 2 to 3 feet in the air. We all hook up with a couple small specks but no keepers. We make a long drift through the lower part of the saw grass with only a few specks to show for it. Capt. then says we are gonna make a pass back through on the higher side & see what we can do. Bout a hour in my dad hooks into what we are looking for. After bout a good 3 minute battle he finally land the 7 lb bruiser Redfish. We are all stoked and giving high fives. Well the day lingers on and he takes us to a grass flat where we get into a few more fish. The grand totals was 4 fish for my dad with 2 keepers, 5 fish for my brother in-law, & 1 little fish and a hell of a sun burn on my feet fo me. Here is the picture of my dads fish. Date should be 5/26/09.. http://shortwatercharters.com/page04.html