The Icehole Tour Forum

Welcome to our forum. Feel free to post a message.

The Icehole Tour Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The one that got away!

Hey everyone, just want to give a little story. Twice a week in between jobs I stop for about a half hour at a small reservoir in wellesley. I regularly catch 5-7 good size bass in this short amount of time in this one spot from shore. And no I will not be giving directions to this spot! But I digress. One day last week, I had already caught 3 nice 2lb bass when I was bringing in my third which I admit was a bit smaller(about a pound) all of a sudden I see the side of a mammoth bass roll over the bass that I was realing in. This Mother of all bass was 10lbs if it was a pound. I don't know if he was after the lure in the fishes mouth or the actual fish itself, but I almost crapped my pants! I tried every big lure I had but never saw the fish again. My hands were shaking for an hour afterwards! Anyway, I am going to try to get some big live bait and try it out this thursday. I will let you know how I do. Hope everyone is having a lot of luck! Going to be making a striper/bluefish trip next week, I will keep everyone posted.

Re: The one that got away!

Go get that Hawgatha!!

You can probably get some bait from the undead Dick at A-towne B&T!