Return to Website

OCS Class 50 Forum

Welcome to OCS Class 50 online forum please feel free to post any information class 50 that you wish.

OCS Class 50 Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OCS

Howdy y'all!

Most of you saw me this past weekend...working as a medic for 183rd RTI.

Just want to clear the air on something....many of you know of my situation & what had happened....no I did not go to Phase 3 as was originally intended.
Yes I was cleared by COL McGrew to attend phase 3 however some other things have come to light. Less than 1 week after I re-enlisted (my ETS from my entire Army contract was 3 days after our December OCS drill) I was informed by then 1LT Elliott that my phase 3 was expired. I was also informed that what was supposed to be a medical release from Alabama turned out to be something more....yes I left there sick & injured but that is not what the paperwork says.

I have since sat down with my chain of command to discuss the matter as well as MJR Worsham.
Things happen for a reason. But who knows maybe I'll return to the program in a few years or maybe just get my nursing degree and go direct. ;o)

That being said....I have spoken with OC Newman and have asked to become an outside adviser for Class 50. Your program has not changed that much in the last 3 years....so I have knowledge I am more than happy to share with the class leadership as well as anyone who cares to listen.

For now the best advice I can give you is simply this "Keep on keeping on." In other words keep doing what you are doing...don't give up...stay strong. Also, keep working as a class...attend all class meetings...and try to work as a team as much as possible.

Good luck next drill....I wont be there next month as a medic, but I will see you all in May. June I deploy to Kuwait.

Anyone who wishes to contact me can do so at the following email addresses:
peter.ballou@us.army.mil
or
skipatrolpete@yahoo.com

Take care

Ballou