ADHD & Aspergers Forum

ADHD, Aspergers and related disorders :- Post your questions, or just make your opinion known. Tell us if you have ADHD/Aspergers and what life is like for you. Or are you a parent who would like to share your experiences or need advice from others. Feel free to post your comments but remember to consider the feelings of others. The opinions expressed here are those of individuals and not those of professionals and may not reflect the views of the host. Discression is advised when ascertaining the validity of message contents. Stay safe - do not give out your address or phone number. :-)

ADHD & Aspergers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
confused??

hiya
Need some advice, my eldest daughter is asd, my middle daughter is showing signs of asd or add, we went for a assessment the other day with the ped, ed phyc and speech and language and she was doing everything they asked and was focused, they made me and her teacher feel like we were lying?but then this weekend she was on form? anyone else had this happen in a accessment, they are getting a clinical pyhc so they must be seeing if its a behavioural problem, and they want to acess her in school next, I remember feeling concused with amelia, but she seemed a bit more straight forward. help please

thanks

Re: confused??

Hi Debbie,
I had problems diagnosing my middle son with ADHD. When we would go for assessments he would behave and as soon as we came out he would start up again. It doesn't last forever though, as soon as they are used to seeing that person, they forget to keep up the good behaviour and resort back to their normal one.
Good luck
love
jo