ADHD & Aspergers Forum

ADHD, Aspergers and related disorders :- Post your questions, or just make your opinion known. Tell us if you have ADHD/Aspergers and what life is like for you. Or are you a parent who would like to share your experiences or need advice from others. Feel free to post your comments but remember to consider the feelings of others. The opinions expressed here are those of individuals and not those of professionals and may not reflect the views of the host. Discression is advised when ascertaining the validity of message contents. Stay safe - do not give out your address or phone number. :-)

ADHD & Aspergers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MY SON HAS GONE OUT OF CONTROL

try to be patient he will find the diagnoses of his sibling hard to take as well as you i no its hard i have 4 boys and 3 of them have problems and my 9 yr old gets very frusterated by it all when he is in a good mood try having a one to one talk with him to find out what the problem is and tell him you love him but you dont like him very much when he acts up explain that what he is doing is very hurtful and could cause someone in the end some severe pain or injury if after this long talk he doesnt change every time he acts up give him a punishment take something away he really enjoys i no it seems mean but thats what ive had to do and we dont get so many of the episodes as we used to it has taken along time and lots of punishment but we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel keep fighting tell your son everyday you love him and will always be there for him and that you are sorry you have to punih him but that his behaviour is unacceptable it will get worse before it gets better but hang on in there you will get through in the end let me know how you get on incase u wanted to no my 13 yr old had adhd ocd odd tourettes and suspected aspergers syndrome my 7 yr old has suspected aspergers syndrome anxiety disorder and is dyslexic and my 4 yr old has hypotonia and chest problems the 9 yr old has no probsjust low on self esteem and confidence
take care
sarah