ADHD & Aspergers Forum

ADHD, Aspergers and related disorders :- Post your questions, or just make your opinion known. Tell us if you have ADHD/Aspergers and what life is like for you. Or are you a parent who would like to share your experiences or need advice from others. Feel free to post your comments but remember to consider the feelings of others. The opinions expressed here are those of individuals and not those of professionals and may not reflect the views of the host. Discression is advised when ascertaining the validity of message contents. Stay safe - do not give out your address or phone number. :-)

ADHD & Aspergers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: ADHD/AS

Well I've had an interesting twist....! Have been to the doctors once again and my son went through another battery of tests. The results show that he does not have AS. He is what they call extremely right-brained and is creatively gifted. The doctors have stated that all I need to do is ensure he gets through school happy and not harp on getting A's, just stress trying to do his best. Question, is there not a fine line between AS and Creatively Gifted/Left Brained? I've been told that he will always march to his own drum, lives "out of the box" and that he will always be considered eccentric. Funny though...they compared him to Bill Gates-same IQ-same traits...! Not sure if this is a cop out or an actual diagnoses. This still does not get the extra help required and the school system does not know how to deal with a child like him. Does anyone have any suggestions? All of the traits sound like AS to me, so once the difference?

Re: Re: ADHD/AS

Keep fighting for your child at school, I have walked in your shoes. My 14 yearold started with a diganosis of ADHD, ODD- Later Aspergers, still a battle of opions. I know as a mom Aspergers fits better. Go with your intuition