ADHD & Aspergers Forum

ADHD, Aspergers and related disorders :- Post your questions, or just make your opinion known. Tell us if you have ADHD/Aspergers and what life is like for you. Or are you a parent who would like to share your experiences or need advice from others. Feel free to post your comments but remember to consider the feelings of others. The opinions expressed here are those of individuals and not those of professionals and may not reflect the views of the host. Discression is advised when ascertaining the validity of message contents. Stay safe - do not give out your address or phone number. :-)

ADHD & Aspergers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: ADHD & AS

Thank you Carol, sorry its took me so long to reply. Nathan has now been diagnosed with Aspergers and we feel so relieved. The doctors aren't going to put him on medication though and i don't think i'd like another son on tablets. Daniel has now been put on Concerta because the Equasym wasn't doing nothing for him. The fire obsession is getting easier to deal with as i had moved everything out of his way, but school is awful. Every day he ends up getting a detention and he will be getting his first exclusion from this school soon. At juniors he was getting excluded every few weeks. I thought that maybe he would learn how to control his temper a bit better at this school, but he hasn't. On a different note though, Nathan has started doing his maths and english lessons again. Hopefully he will be back in full time school soon. He has also found that he has a gift for algebra, this is something i can't give any help in as i don't understand it at all.
Hope everything goes well for you and your son. please let me know soon.
Love Jo