ADHD & Aspergers Forum

ADHD, Aspergers and related disorders :- Post your questions, or just make your opinion known. Tell us if you have ADHD/Aspergers and what life is like for you. Or are you a parent who would like to share your experiences or need advice from others. Feel free to post your comments but remember to consider the feelings of others. The opinions expressed here are those of individuals and not those of professionals and may not reflect the views of the host. Discression is advised when ascertaining the validity of message contents. Stay safe - do not give out your address or phone number. :-)

ADHD & Aspergers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any light at the end of the tunnel?

I am the mother of a ten year old boy called Jay who could charm the birds out of the trees at times but all other times we seem to be at logger heads. He constantly argues with me, lies, steals and as for doing as he is told forget it. I'm out of my mind with worry all the time and just about at the end of my tether. The drugs don't work they turn him into a zombie. I do not like seeing him like that at all so after trying that for a year (different brands)I decided i couldn't put him through that anymore. Are there any suggestions out there as to what i could try next? He is seeing doctors still but nobody seems to come up with anything useful. Sorry i seem like i'm really moaning, don't get me wrong i adore my little boy but sometimes i find it very hard to like him. I'm stuck.