ADHD & Aspergers Forum

ADHD, Aspergers and related disorders :- Post your questions, or just make your opinion known. Tell us if you have ADHD/Aspergers and what life is like for you. Or are you a parent who would like to share your experiences or need advice from others. Feel free to post your comments but remember to consider the feelings of others. The opinions expressed here are those of individuals and not those of professionals and may not reflect the views of the host. Discression is advised when ascertaining the validity of message contents. Stay safe - do not give out your address or phone number. :-)

ADHD & Aspergers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
does my son have aspergers

i have a ten yr old son who has always been teased bullied and seen as different.school wise he seems normal enough with a bit of help.but emotionally he is something else as a baby he didnt play with toys much he prefered pulling stuff out of cupboards and drawers and still does this which drives me insane.he cant stand the feel or smell of newly washed clothes cries when i ask him to take his school clothes off obsesses about hell and death has threatened people with objects.doesnt really make much eye contact with people doesnt understand when people are up to no good or thier intentions has terrible moodswings respects no laws or people or boundaries.he needs physio as he is pretty clumsy and has been diagnosed with anxiety but i cant help feeling he has aspergers.
i also have a son who is a yr younger he is pretty hyper always on the go always swearing doesnt pay attention at school.between the 2 of them they cause a lot of trouble.people dont understand the oldest in particular and people keep thier kids away from him.im in the uk so who would be the best person to see to try and get my son tested.i really dont feel the oldests prob is just anxiety and the youngest is being refered for assesment.any advice would be helpful!!!!

Re: does my son have aspergers

The quickest way to get a diagnosis is through school, ask them to refer you to the school doctor.
What i never found out straight away when my eldest son was diagnosed, was that aspergers and dispraxia go hand in hand, so this explains your son being clumbsy. My younger son is ADHD so i know exactly how you're feeling. I'm fighting the school at the moment about a 3 week exclusion they have given him for swearing at a teacher.
The diagnosis for Aspergers does take a while but you will get there in the end, also look at getting your other son in for testing for ADHD. If ever you need to talk, just email me and i will give you advise on how to go about things, as its your right to have your children tested!