Return to Website

Sheriff Daniels Tribute Forum

Lake County Sheriff Chris Daniels lost his life while participating in the Battle of Badges event in New Smyrna Beach on Saturday, October 14, 2006.  This space was created for those who knew Sheriff Daniels to express their comments, thoughts, and feelings about the lawman, father, friend, and sheriff that he was.

Sheriff Daniels Tribute Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tribute to Sheriff Daniels

When law enforcement officers die in the line of duty, it has been helpful in the past for fellow officers and comrades to express their thoughts, emotions, and tributes in message form. Usually this takes place on the Officer Down Memorial Page (odmp.org).

However, in this case, their web page will likely not have an area for Sheriff Daniels because their criteria was not met for participation. That being the case, I thought it would be helpful to provide a forum for that opportunity to express yourself.

Please feel free to post your thoughts here. There are currently over 50 people per hour visiting www.BadgeBattle.com as a result of the tragic outcome... your thoughts and comments will bring comfort to many.

Christopher Westfall
Webmaster, www.BadgeBattle.com
VCSO

Re: Tribute to Sheriff Daniels

OCT 16, 2006.
DEAR SIR,
I'm a Deaf To No Hear. My Name's Miss Marsha McLaughlin.
I'M a Photography Work to The DeLand Beacon at My Press. & I'M ARTIST WORK TO DRAW A CARTOONIST AT SHERIFF A LIFE.
I'm VERY SORRY. I'M SAD. I'LL MISS SHERIFF CHRIS DANIEL! &
LAST SATURDAY TO BUS RACE RULE A ACCIDENT AT HIM DIED ON NEW SMYRNA BEACH.* & SHERIFF BEN JOHNSON'S MY FRIEND.
POOR SHERIFF CHRIS DANIELS! HE'S DIED TO FAITH IN ANGEL A HEAVEN HOME! JESUS CHRIST IS GOD'S SON! HE MADE THE UNIVERSE & HE LOVES ME &
HE LOVES SHERIFF CHRIS DANIELS TOO! HE'S SAVIOUR TO PRAY A CALL GOD'S HELP US! " GOD, DON'T LET HIM DIE. GOD'S ANGEL HELP TO SAVE HIM DIED IN HEAVEN FOR CHRIST'S SAKE." AMEN!
PRAISE THE LORD! YES, SIR! MY HEART BODY. I'LL COULD TO MY PRAY AT SHERIFF CHRIS DANIELS. SHERIFFPEOPLE MISS SHERIFF CHRIS DANIELS! ME, TOO! I LOVE HIM! BUS RACE RULE'S OVER! & SHERIFF CHRIS DANIELS'S FAMILY & FRIENDS. LOST LOVE. I'M CRY TO MISS HIM! HE'S MY FRIEND!
I'LL GOODBYE, SHERIFF CHRIS DANIELS'S ANGEL IN HEAVEN HOME! I LOVE SHERIFF CHRIS DANIELS! I'VE GLAD TO THANK YOU, MY SHERIFF FRIEND!
LORD BLESS YOU!

FRIEND,
MARSHA MCLAUGHLIN.

Re: Tribute to Sheriff Daniels

I work for the Monroe County Sheriff's Office Key West, Fl.Corrections Division.I am the shift commander for C Watch . I learned of the tragic news of Sheriff Daniels and I wanted to let everyone know that my thoughts and prayers are with all that were there and to his family. I did not know Sheriff Daniels personally but I still feel the pain of loosing a fellow Law Enforcement brother.

Lt. T. Clark