The Queen's Own Buffs Message Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

The Queen's Own Buffs Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm looking for information on Francis Albert martin think he died 1914 also a tom w hind and WC

I have got an autograph book which I'm researching

Re: I'm looking for information on Francis Albert martin think he died 1914 also a tom w hind and W

FA Martin joined The Buffs in April or May 1912 and was posted to the 1st Battalion. He was aged 21. On the outbreak of war they were in Ireland and they returned to the UK before proceeding to France on 7/9/1914. They fought on the Aisne and then moved north for the 1st Battle of Ypres. Martin was killed during this battle in fierce fighting at Radinghem near Armentieres on 20/10/1914. There were 50 other men from the 1st Buffs who were killed on that day and none of them have known graves. They are remembered on the memorial at Ploegsteert.

He was born in Hawkhurst. His mother and father were living in Battle, Sussex after the war

I can't find a TW Hind in The Buffs during WW1

Mick Mills

Re: I'm looking for information on Francis Albert martin think he died 1914 also a tom w hind and W

Thank you for yr info I also need help with a jack chiesman who I believe was canadian holy blaud n nightman Leo Edgar g Beveridge n nightman e a Davison thomas m Elliott f Nicholson w c cowell I believe they was all in the buffs and also Eva boil who I think became Eva harman thanks again for yr help