The Queen's Own Buffs Message Forum

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

The Queen's Own Buffs Message Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Buffs 3rd Afghan War

Jeanette

Emery was a regular soldier with The Buffs and had service number L10574. This makes it likely that he joined the regiment in the first half of 1915. He served with the 4th Battalion in India for the duration and was only entitled to the British War Medal as a result.

His service in the Afghan War was as attached to the 3rd Wireless Signalling Squadron. As you say he later served with The Queens Own Royal West Kent Regiment.

I'm not aware of any photographs that exist of him unfortunately

Regards

Mick Mills

Can you please tell me where you found the info about Frederick Emery being attached to 3rd Wireless Signalling Squadron

Buffs and Royal West Kent Regiment

Please can anyone help. I have a service record for Frederick Arthur Emery born 1898 Kent. He served in the Buffs 3rd Afghan War. He transferred to 1st Royal West Kent Regiment. He was in India 1917-1923 According to his service record he was Army reserve from 1/2/1923-9/7/1927. I am trying to find any photographs of him in his regiment and his service record only states home 1923-1927 but I dont know where he was serving at this time. Whilst in India I think he was attached to 3rd Wireless Signalling Squadron but cannot find any info on this

Any help would be appreciated

Jeanette

Jeanette

His name appears on the roll for the India General Service Medal with the clasp 'Afghanistan North West Frontier 1919'

I have seen in the database that there are two other Emerys (GH and GJ) whose service numbers are very close to FA Emery's. This indicates that they joined The Buffs at similar times. Are they related?

Mick Mills

Hello Mick
Re your last message I now have info on a William G Emery and his service number was L/10569. He is related to the Frederick Arthur Emery L/10574 that I am researching.

Jeanette