General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Harpeth Bike Club Message to MBC members

Enclosed is an email I received from Regina Jensen (Harpeth Bike Club-Membership Chair)

She writes:

For a $20 membership fee, you guys can take the class, too.
I have done it twice, and it is worth the time and effort.
We have great instructors, and I always learn something new.

Enclosed forwarded emai to their HBC club membersl:

It's been quite sometime since I sent you an FAQ on anything. This class is one of the major benefits of club membership I wanted to take a moment to see if I can answer questions I frequently get asked and some you may never had thought of. So here you go

What is the Date? Sunday, August 13

When does it Start? 8:00am Titans Coliseum Parking Lot

I'm a new rider started last week, can I participate? Actually no. This class is for someone who has ridden at least 250 miles since the beginning of the year. If you would like a 'new rider class' we can add one. Reply back to me if you are interested. If I get at least 5 members to request I will put one on at the same time as this clinic. Sound Good?

Ok, I have been riding some by myself, feel pretty good about handling my bike. I just am not sure how to ride in a paceline. Well this class is for you. There are building blocks throughout the class that will improve your bike handling skills to the point you can begin to ride well with others.
I've take the class before, can I come again? Absolutely YES. We rarely get to work on these skills in a controlled setting, I wish everyone in the club would take it more than once.

I've been a rider for years, been riding in pacelines, groups, longer than you have been in the Club Tom Spear, is this class for me? I hate to say it, but some of our 'most experienced' riders have some very poor skills. Tell you what, if you come out and you find it a waste of time, I'll give you double your money back.

Ok, how about this Tom Spear. I raced in Italy for 2 years, I put over 10,000 miles on my bike each year, ride to the rides, lead the rides, then ride home, cause the normal rides are just not challenging enough. Do I need to take this class? Well no, but you sound like a great candidate to be an instructor. Ever complain about the skill level of the club? well here is your chance to make a difference.

Sound like this is for me how do I signup? Just reply all to this email and John Robinson will put you down for the class.

Can I bring a friend who is a non-member? Yes, but get them to join and they can take the class for FREE!

So what does this class cost? Well for NON-Members $50; Members are FREE!!
So can I buy a membership and get to take this class for free? Yes, signup on line or buy a membership day of class. No one should have to pay for this.

So what kind of bikes can I bring? Road Bikes only please. Please leave your mountainbike, TRI Bike (Clip on road bars ok), Hybrid, Fixed Gear, Tandems, trailers and Unicycles at home.

My Bike has a kickstand can I bring it? Yes, but you might get harassed by the instructors.

Let's talk about the class itself so what can I expect? skills clinic will include theory and practice in paceline riding, cornering, and close contact riding. Promise it will be fun.

Hope you had as much fun reading these as I had writing them. If you are still not sure, just signup and you won't be disappointed.

Tom Spear

Harpeth Bike Club President
(615) 661-4254 Home
(615) 414-4721 Cell

Re: Harpeth Bike Club Message to MBC members

I thought this would be the easiest thing to do rather than figuring out who to send it to in order for it to get emailed.