General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Riding in Area/Suggestions

I found your website and would like some information if possible. I am traveling to Kentucky with my family and will be stopping in Murfreesboro to break up the trip. We will have come from Louisiana by the Natchez Trace so I will have managed to get some riding in but wanted to know about rides in your area. I am trying to find some suggestions on ride routes with minimal traffic in the area that would not result in me getting lost. Also if you have any suggestions on Hotel Accomodations that are close to ride routes that would also be appreciated. I will be in your town on Wednesday July 5th and noticed you have no club rides on the Wednesday so any info is needed. Any suggestions would be appreciated including info on any local bike shops that might have some suggestions.

Thanks
Daniel Landry

Re: Riding in Area/Suggestions

Local bike shop is MOAB (Murfreesboro Outdoor and Bike), telephone is 615-893-7725. Located at 310 N.Maple St. just off the downtown square. Mark is the owner and I am sure can offer some ride suggestions.
We have several maps on on our website and I think Cary's Auburntown ride is a very good one with minimal traffic.
Also a possiblity is a Bed n'Breakfast owned by two of our members, David and Julie Becker. Telephone is 615-867-0308 located at 346 E. Main St., The Byrn-Roberts Inn. Vary nice and David might even go for a ride with you.
Hope this helps.

Cary Way
President MBC

Re: Re: Riding in Area/Suggestions

What kind of ride are you looking for? Yesterday's was beautiful, flat & 25 mi. Saturday's (3)were all good & ranged from 30 to 60+ with hills. I can scan & send or you can pick up.

Re: Re: Re: Riding in Area/Suggestions

Being from South Louisiana which is flat some rollers would be fine but true climbs might be tough. A 25 to 30 mile ride would probably be just right. If you want to email to me that is fine Junkman the email is landry24@bellsouth.net Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Riding in Area/Suggestions

Daniel,

There are several people in the club from south Louisiana. The hills in this area are beautiful and a nice change of scenery, and a lot less challenging than swallowing the plethera of bugs I remember from riding River Road in BR.