General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sequatchie Valley or Leaves of Lincoln???

I know its only June but I need to "pencil-in" a century for October. The Sequatchie Valley and the Leaves of Lincoln are both October 7th. Anybody ridden either of these rides? Got any tips to help me decide?

Thanks,
Danita

Re: Sequatchie Valley or Leaves of Lincoln???

I have done them both. The Sequatchie will probably have more folks riding. It is an older ride and very scenic in that area. Cindy and I did the Leaves of Lincoln last year and that was their first year. It was a very nice ride and I enjoyed riding in a different area. It left from the city square and the folks there were very friendly and helpful. I will do the L of L again this year. Can't make a wrong choice-both are good.

Re: Re: Sequatchie Valley or Leaves of Lincoln???

As Lynn said, we did the L o L last year. It was a beautiful ride with one killer hill and several very challenging rollers through the 62 option. I think the 100 offered more climbing.

I have not done Sequatchie as an organized ride but rode the entire valley last year as part of several other rides. I understand there is a pretty long mountain climb before the turn around. I loved the feel of riding in a narrow valley between two large mountain ranges. I have not even looked at my schedule that far ahead. I know I will have just finished the BRAT so may take that weekend off.

You go girl - I may not even do a century this year, much less 12 of them.