General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Welcome to the club!

Michael, Michael, Michael....

Very sorry to hear that you had to go through that! My collar bone healed just fine, but it's a long process. Now you can bear your clavicle fracture as a badge of honor. Maybe it'll be the new fashion!

Andy

Re: my crash results

Glad to see that you survived the first stage of MBC's Hazing and Initiation!!!!

I see they were easy on you, usually it consists of drinking a case of AB and then riding the course.

Now for the second stage...

And they say that We Can Be Brutal...?

Expert move saving your bike. We Can Tell You're a True Cyclist.

Seriously, Welcome and Get Well Soon!! I hope to see you on the road soon.

Isn't the club supposed to send him a fruit basket?

Re: Re: my crash results

Hi David,

If the injury requires surgery or hospital stay, then the club sends a fruit basket. Not knowing for sure, it sounds like Michael had an ER visit. We all have had those from various falls. I am not trying to brush it off, this is just the club's established policy. If my assumption is incorrect please let me know. I am very glad Michael is going to be ok after some healing. I noted he is a true cyclist "the bike is ok" line was great.

Re: Re: Re: my crash results

Michael, I hate to hear you went down. How long to heal?

yippy!!! My bike has been check, readjusted, and cleared for riding. I, on the other hand, am healing as well as can be expected. I have regained about half the mobility in my left sholder. I'm not pushing it as the Dr. stressed the need for the bones to heal completely so that I don't lengthen recovery time. I follow up with Orthopedic on 7/11 and hope to be on the bike for the ride that night.