General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hill Repeats

I only done it 3 times so far. How many did you do?

What Kind?

One unnamed member was doing flat repeats on the Thursday ride. Does that count?

Re: Re: Hill Repeats

I went over and back 10 times, but felt that I could have gone quite a few more... ran out of time. The dogs at the top stop barking and chasing you after about the third time.

Andy

Where exactly is the Spain hill repeat located?

From highway 96 east, turn on Jefferson Pike and immediately turn right on Barlow Lane. (Jefferson Pike swings around to the left and Barlow is a straight shot) Barlow will eventually turn into Spain Hill Road. On the other end, it eventually hits St. John's Road.

Is spain hill more of a steep but short or long and not as steep?

Short and steep, but not killer.... for the first 15 times!

Andy

Re: Re: Re: Hill Repeats

If you want to talk short, steep hill repeats, there is always Tiger Hill. Aaron Highfill and I did 7 on it before running out of time.

not sure how it compares, but i did pulltight over and back 5 times before i ran out of time.

i know where tiger hill is (that is a large hill), but i've never heard of pulltight. could you please supply me with directions on how to get to pull tight.

also, could anyone compare both spain hill and pulltight to tiger hill?

Re: Re: Re: Hill Repeats

Spain is longer(either way over) than Tiger, but is significantly less steep. Tiger is really short, but kicks up to supposedly 24%. Ouch!