General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Yoga for Cycling

I think it's more about focucing on specific needs of cyclists. Certain postures such as downdog, warrior pose, or cobra can build strength & endurance without sacrificing flexibility which will be good for the pedal stroke.

I do power yoga and that's probaby enough for me, but it will be good to have "yoga for cycling" class to raise awareness as well. Yoga program can be tailored to any needs, and I think Angela can come up with really great program. That's what we're going to talk about next time I see her on Wednesday.

once all my broken parts are healed i would be very much interested. maybe if we get enough folks the club can get a discount. as for me i need work on flexibility, even more so since the crash. keep me posted.
cary

Discount???

She's already inexpensive. $50 for 6 weeks or $75 2x/week or 2 family members 1x. It works out to $6 or $8 per. http://yogaonthesquare.com/new_page_2.htm Also gives a free 1st class & gives you 1 class for referring someone. Tell her Junkman sent you.

Thanks! I will post more when I have more details. I think if the actual class opens, it will be a lot of fun. In the mean time, I will be enjoying my DVD that I ordered on ebay recently!

I've recovered enough to ride my comfort bike, Ruby. My hip still bothers me but not too much as long as I don't bother it first. I rode tonight in my area, and it was such a pleasant evening.

I was hoping to go to at least one club ride before I leave town but I don't think I can. Next time I can join would be sometime around the end of May, so I will be looking forward to it!

oops! somehow it totally omitted the title of the DVD I was mentioning. It's called Yoga for Cyclists.

Re: Re: Yoga for Cycling

Thanks for the information on the class. Be safe and have good travels. You will be missed.

Re: Re: Re: Yoga for Cycling

I will miss you. Call me when you get back so we can ride! Have fun travelling! We will be here when you get back.