General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TCM 100 miler altimeter - - anyone know what the total climb was?

Hello, I am from the Atlanta area and becuase I am a recumbent rider I found your "rolling hills" to be fun and challenging, much more so than the area I usually pick to ride! I had alot of fun, thought the roads chosen were wonderful and the sag stop helpers very friendly and nice. I hope to be back for the Hot-1OO. I ended up with 108 miles on the computer and only 3400" of climbing. I am not sure that the climbing is correct because I did not set the alt before the ride. Anyone have a better reading on the total climb.

Thanks

Troy

Re: TCM 100 miler altimeter - - anyone know what the total climb was?

Troy,

I think your climbing estimate is pretty close but your mileage is off somewhat. The total mileage for this ride is between 103 and 104 depending on your computer. You were extremely fast on that recumbent and Nancy and I enjoyed riding with you when we could keep up!

Re: Re: TCM 100 miler altimeter - - anyone know what the total climb was?

You guys were great, thank you for keeping me on course. As you said, it is a good thing that you were holding Nancy back so I could keep up with you two.

There was a lot of strong riders at this event, and I enjoyed talking with them. Your friend Steave was pulling at 24+ mph towards the end, he is a nice guy and a amazingly strong rider. We plan on riding on the Natchez Trace Parkway sometime latter this year.

I hope to be back for the HOT 100 and I will continue to watch the schedule for local rides when I am in town. If you ever make it to the south side of Atlanta and want to ride, or hang out give me a call.

tailwinds

Troy
678-571-0418

Re: Re: Re: TCM 100 miler altimeter - - anyone know what the total climb was?

Troy,

Thanks for the kind words and I hope to see you again soon. I would love to find someone with a recumbent to borrow to see if it would make me as fast as you!

Dwight
615-631-6295

Re: Re: Re: Re: TCM 100 miler altimeter - - anyone know what the total climb was?

slovetts have one you can try out...