General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tour de Cure for Diabetes

Hello!
The Rutherford Riders are out of hibernation and ready to ride toward a cure for diabetes. We need you on our team! The ride starts at Riverdale High School on June 3rd-4th (150 miles) or you can choose a one day ride(70 miles) The 2 day offers you the challenge of riding to Monteagle, spending the night at St. Mary's Retreat and the next morning enjoying an exciting decent from the TOP of Monteagle. All you have to do is register at diabetes.org/tour and raise $150.00. All meals, rest stops and SAG support will be provided.
FYI-- I'm a chairman for the Rutherford County Kidney Walk on May 20th at Barfield Crescent Park I'm not asking cyclists to join us (y'all will be out riding), but hoping you can help spread the word to family, friends, church members etc. that might be interested in starting or joining a team. They can go to www.kidneywalk.org , http://www.first giving.com/chris king or call me at 948-6498 for more info.
Need some incentive to get out and ride? Check out my friend Shad Ireland's website at www.ironshad.com. He's the first dialysis patient to compete and finish an Ironman Triathlon. He's sending me his book A Promise Made if anyone would like to read it. When I think I can't go on I just think of Shad and know I can do anything.
No limitations...only inspiration

ok- If there's a support group for people who post too much--just sign me up!
Chris King

Re: Tour de Cure for Diabetes

Thanks for the information. I talk too much and there is not a group for that. I need you to call me, Lynn, at 895-3713 regarding the TCM. I can use your help. thanks