General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Sat Ride - March 11/Assault on Short Mtn

Ti is fine, but I'm old school. Make mine 853 Reynolds.

Re: Sat Ride - March 11/Assault on Short Mtn

Can someone post the address or directions to the start?

Re: Re: Sat Ride - March 11/Assault on Short Mtn

Start place is the Woodbury Public Square, in Woodbury, Cannon County, Tn, USA. From M'boro, drive east on Hwy 70S (John Bragg Hwy) approx 20 miles to Woodbury. You'll drive right onto the Square. Can't miss it.

Re: Sat Ride - March 11/Assault on Short Mtn

Anyone wanting extra miles meet me at the East side of the Courthouse Square in MURFREESBORO with a departure time of 7:15 am as I am planning to ride to Woodbury and join Larry and his group and then return to Murfreesboro after his ride which should give us a 100 miles + or -.
Cary- 893-0721

p.s. I plan to ride rain or shine.

Re: Re: Sat Ride - March 11/Assault on Short Mtn

good ride and the gravel made it exciting. Now i eat and crash for some sleep.

Re: Re: Re: Sat Ride - March 11/Assault on Short Mtn

Final Report on Successful Assault on Short Mtn. Almost everyone summitted. Only a few tears and swear words were shed/uttered. Nancy had a religious experience (she was lost, but now's she found). Limestone allergies were overcome. Big fun and a little adventure was had by all.

Stay tuned for mooooore!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sat Ride - March 11/Assault on Short Mtn

Great route Adventure Ride!!! Now THAT is what ALL road rides should be like!!! A fitting close to my 'boro days, but don't fret readers, I'll still be back for the occasional adventure ride!

Brenda, how is your hamstring? My toe hurts. Can't believe you made me run that big ring all the way home. Ouch! Thanks again for the smoothie!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sat Ride - March 11/Assault on Short Mtn

Went with Brenda and James to Georgia to ride the Silver Comet Trail on Sunday. After the ride, Brenda quickly changed clothes, but complained that her tee shirt did't seem to fit right. Cked it, but all okay. Later, Brenda discovered that she had her SHORTS on BACKWARDS. Only my frien' Bren!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sat Ride - March 11/Assault on Short Mtn

Yes Thad the Old hamstring is fine-worked it out on Sunday, great 80 mile trail!!It was not me cracking the whip back to the Boro-I wasn't about to complain though!

See Larry I knew something was wrong-just couldn't tell which end!!Bad part I made a conscious choice which way to face shorts-kinda hard to do outside!!As Tim said he was surprised they would even fit backwards-enjoyed the day!!!