General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rouge Roubaiux conquered!!!

Or should I say completed-it was definitely an adventure ride. Those guys and girls are crazy that can really race terrain like that in the times they do-winning time was 4:31. Just as brutal as they claim espec. at that those speeds with 20 miles of dirt, gravel and sand. It was worse this year because they had just freshly dumped sand and gravel on the mile Blockhouse Hill!!! My brother watched the leaders and maybe a handful could ride. It was Locke Creek for a mile with several inches of sand!!! The 20 % Old Tunica road climb was at least dirt and gravel but brutal at 80 miles no less. Captain did a great job with the mountain tandem , we were VERRRRy pleased to complete in 6:33!!!All those years of Larrys rides helped hold us together!!

Re: Rouge Roubaiux conquered!!!

Congradulations, way to go!!! Sorry I could not have joined you. Are there any pictures on a website or did your brother take any?
Rest up I'm planning to post a century for this Sat. but it won't be a brutal as the ride you described.
Ride safe,
Cary

Re: Rouge Roubaiux conquered!!!

Congrats MTB-Tandemers! I'm really upset I didn't make it down for the second year in row... D'oh!!

Snake Creek Gap 6 Mtn TT got some payback from me this time, but we were unable to make the trek down to the Rouge.

There was a couple that did the TT on a mtn tandem, pretty sweet rig with a Maverick Dual Crown fork. Also a "Lee" type there doing the nearly 98% single track (lots of rocks, lots of hills) race on a FIXED GEAR!!!! (40x20)

Congrats again!