General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DOG ALERT - same location as before

Today I was riding on Taylor Road in Rockvale. A Toyota Tundra truck pulled up beside me, the lady indicated she wanted to talk, so I stopped! She was the homeowner of 11071 Taylor Road, the site of the dog attack (German Shepard) on one of members back in February of this year.
She told me her dog bit another cyclist this past Saturday, a pharmacist from Franklin.

PAWS came to her house and warned if the dog attacks again, they will confiscate the dog!

She started the conversation by saying "I'm not here to defend my dog". Well, I knew what that meant!! She ask me to please pass along that her dog is harmless, and all we have to do is stop!! Then the dog will stop chasing!!

So, I was nice to her and promised that I would pass this around but cannot promise any positive results!!

I posted, therefore, fulfilled my promise to that lady!

Re: DOG ALERT - same location as before

Thanks for the warning and the address, Keith.

A loose dog, and in particularly, a dog known to have bitten someone, is totally unacceptable.
There is a state law requiring dogs to be under the control of the owner.
If a dog bites a rider, immediately call the local PAWS or Sheriiff if PAWS not available.
The dog should be quarantined for a specific time period to check for rabies, a fatal disease.
If skin is broken, you should consult a physician or advanced practitioner soon.

Please make sure these numbers in your phone:
Rutherford. (615) 898-7740
Bedford Animal Control. (931) 685-1130
Bedford Sheriff. (931) 684-3232
Coffee Animal Control. (931) 723-2730
Wilson Animal Control. (931) 444-9775

I think the Wilson County phone number is area code 615

Thanks, Mike.

You’re correct.

Wilson County Animal Control (615) 444-9775