General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bike for sale

Hey, guys! I rode with the MBC for a couple of seasons several years ago, probably the last time in 2013 or 2014. I've had a couple of injuries since riding with the group - a broken shoulder and a broken kneecap...neither of which had anything to do with biking. However, because of the knee injury, I have screws and wires in my kneecap, and I just can no longer make the range of motion necessary to ride. Plus, I've really lost my nerve when it comes to doing anything where I might fall (my doctor said in no uncertain terms that falling and hurting that knee again would not be a good thing for me). I've not given up the hope of riding again and in fact got myself a beach cruiser, but I don't see me riding the light road bike and going long distances again. Riding going forward will be for light exercise and pleasure only, mostly on flat roads.

So...now I have a bike in my garage that mocks me on an almost daily basis. I need to sell it. Problem is, I can't find the paperwork and really don't remember any details about it. I only rode it for two seasons and had maintenance done by MOAB. Although I bought the bike new, I believe the model year was 1-2 years old at the time of purchase. My guess is it's anywhere from a year 2011-203. Brand is Jamis. I had some adjustments made - it's not the original seat and I had the handlebars raised so I could be a slightly more upright position (after breaking my shoulder) and the pedals are clip on style. I think I purchased it in the range of $1,200 or $1,300. I have no idea how to price used bikes - I was thinking but I'd let it go for about $300 but if that's a nonsense price and it needs to be lower (or higher), feel free to let me know.

Since I had so much fun riding with the group and got so much support from you guys, I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has any interest in purchasing my bike. Please email me at kzatwood@yahoo.com if you have any interest. I will email pictures if you want them.

Kelly Atwood

Bike for sale UPDATED INFO

After doing some online digging, my bike is Jamis Ventura Femme. I believe it's a 2011. It looks very like the bike pictured in this link: https://bikeindex.org/bikes/34712. Again, I had MOAB change the seat to one more comfortable for me and the handlebar stem so I could ride a bit more upright. Might be a good starter bike for someone. Still thinking $300 is the asking price. If anyone is interested and/or wants to see pictures of my bike, please email me at kzatwood@yahoo.com.

Re: Bike for sale UPDATED INFO

Hey Kelly - do you know what size the bike is? If you don't then tell us how tall you are, that will help someone know if it will work for them. Thanks!!

Conveniently, the bike had a sticker with a size on it. It's a 51. And I'm 5'7 - it fit me quite well when I was able to ride it

Kelly, Is this still available?
Thanks!