General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ride for reading 📚

Hey gang. I was able to attend the ride for reading book delivery today. If you haven't ever participated in one i suggest you try it out. Truly wonderful experience.
New to this year Freewheelin' bicycle service is offering his services for kids to bring bikes in for free fixes and what ever the bike needs. Free of charge. Helping some of these kids get their bikes back in good working order was amazing. I even lost a short crit race with one young man who we fixed his brakes so he actually had some.. 🤣
This is all non profit.
They have a wish list of items.

16, 18, 20 inch tubes/tires.
Patch kits,
Lengths of 3/8 inch chains
. Chain lube,
rim brake pads,
kid size pedals.
If anyone wanted to donate any of these items. New or Used
. I can pick them up and drop off.
If you buy anything from a bike shop in murfreesboro i can speak with them and see about a box for donations and i can do a pick up.
Thanks in advance.

Re: ride for reading 📚

Thank you Garrett!! This is a great cause! I'll be getting some of that wish list to you soon!

I recently observed Spanntown Rd. when I was out that way. So beautiful! And I did send an email to my county commissioner.
And I had the same thought as Todd (whom I don’t know, maybe passed while cycling) that the environmental/ habitat destruction was the tragedy as well as sad for Ed and Dorothy.
Here’s a recent article from Pro Publica addressing future migration during tthis mid century as the South becomes much hotter and the coasts suffer from rising sea levels.
So yes, cyclists will suffer if this goes through but more is the effect on our environment, ecosystems, and climate.
https://www.propublica.org/article/climate-change-will-force-a-new-american-migration

Cathy E.

Oops Ithought I was replying at the Spanntown thread.

If Freewheeling has a paypal site I would love to make a $ donation toward the wish list.