General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PLEASE HELP! Racetrack planned for Spanntown Road!

Friends - this week we received very disturbing news. A developer is asking for a zoning change in order to create 'Nashville Motorsports Enclave'.

The Nashville Motorsports Enclave is a proposed performance racetrack facility on the border of Rutherford County and Williamson County in middle Tennessee. The racetrack enclave would be built on approximately 260 acres of land, zoned as Residential Medium, at the corner of Spanntown Road and New Castle Road. This property is known as the historical Spann Farm, and is surrounded by single-family homes and family-owned farms. It is adjacent to the site of the Tennessee Renaissance Festival. The Enclave would be built on Rutherford County land with access from a Williamson County road, and because of this, it is vitally important that both Rutherford County and Williamson County residents are aware of this proposal and have the ability to fully consider the project's pro's and con's.

Dorothy and I are particularity concerned, as we live on Spanntown and this has the potential of devastating our property value.

The MBC should have a vested interest, as it would lead to the destruction of just one more prime cycling route in Rutherford County.

The neighborhood group has put up a website, https://www.blockthetrack.org/. I would encourage everyone to check it out.

MOST IMPORTANT!!!!! The website has a link to sign a petition opposing this development. I would ask that EVERY CLUB MEMBER who is a legal resident of Rutherford County to go to the website and sign the petition.

Thank you.

Re: PLEASE HELP! Racetrack planned for Spanntown Road!

Also on the website is the contact information (email, snail mail, and phone) for all county officials who have a say.

Get involved!

Re: PLEASE HELP! Racetrack planned for Spanntown Road!

Signed

already signed the petition

Keep us posted. One problem with that kind of place is that they can't keep their noise on their side of the fence. Perhaps they should buy the track on the other part of 840 that isn't being used.

Re: already signed the petition

I also signed.

Re: already signed the petition

I already signed too.