General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Highway 64?

I was about 25miles away from my apartment and I had stopped on a corner to hydrate and refuel when an older gentleman stopped me and we spoke for a bit and he gave me some directions for a more scenic route back into the Boro. What a strange and random encounter to have in the middle of no where. Really what are the chances of me stopping on that corner and coming into contact with someone who actually was a cyclist! Which is why I'm here. He told me about this place. I can't remember his name but he sent me back to the Boro through readyville I think it was onto bevins hill. Funny thing I had scoped out this way back into the boro in my truck a few days prior so what a small world for that to be what he told me. Life is so strange. Anyways, I'll wrap this up I ended up riding my longest ride today which was 51 miles and I'm very happy about that! Take care!

Old person on a bike?

Imagine that, old people on bikes - glad to meet you. Club rides are shut down until this virus is over. We will have regularly scheduled rides 6 days per week once we get opened back up. You're welcome to join us and will find several people riding your speed and distance.

Search the message board and calendar if you want some routes for the interum. There are plenty to choose from.

Frequent starting points are Christiana, LBC, Rockvale & Sharpsville. There are so many good roads to choose from that we don't ride the same route back to back.

Re: Old person on a bike?

It definitely was meant in a disrespectful manner and thanks for the information!

No offense taken. We have a lot of riders who have been around awhile and hopefully will continue.

Join us when things settle down.

Older is relative anyway, when I was about 35 some guys in their late teens or early twenties complimented me on how an older person can ride so well. LOL

Totally agree David - old IS relative. I'm mid-50's now and at the best shape of my life. And old to me gets older and older - based on my Dad's age, he will be 82 this year and so now I think 90 is old. Stay safe, friends. I miss you all!

perhaps one of our senior executives will weigh in

90 likely isn't THAT old and I'm hoping to still be riding.