General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
AdventureCorps alternative

EffluviumGaloot (look it up) - You've laid out a couple of really good routes. But the AdventureCorps (and any willing acolytes) will be doing a slight modification to make the experience a bit more spicy. AdventureCorps will get to the famous Rusty Bug landmark via Gilley Hill Road (Right at mile 7+ onto Hopewell Road, left at the T onto Tolbert Hollow Road, left onto Gilley Hill Road, pop out on Dickens just below the Rusty Bug - sounds like an Irish Pub). The total mileage will be virtually the same.

Yes, there will be some gravel (and maybe a little dirt). Quiche eaters need not apply to join the AdventureCorps. AdventureCorps riders are studly men and rugged women.
See you in the a.m. The Corps. And the Corps. And the Corps.

clarify

Surely you wouldn't be concerned with follicle challenge.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=EffluviumGaloot&t=ffab&ia=web

See you at the Bug. My tires are a little skinny to be riding up the steeps in gravel but I'd be interested in a scouting report. Please note gravel depth and max inclination.

Re: clarify

Effluvium (waste/residue/junk) Galoot (man). JunkMan. They’re not funny if I have to explain.

Update!

This just in! The Commander of AdvetureCorps has called an audible. D-Day has been delayed by 24 hrs. H Hour is now 1:00 on Sunday. Weather conditions will be more suitable for the assault.

Main ride is on for today.

Leaving from Parsley's today at 12:00 as planned.

Tomorrow is another day. Sarah will leave at 1:00 from Rockvale Community and I'll ride from Buchanan at 2:00 (because I can't make the 1:00).

Join any as you wish.

Re: Main ride is on for today.

‘12 as planned’? I thought you said 11?

Re: Main ride is on for today.

Is the ride at 11:00 or 12:00?

Re: Update!

Here's the Adventure Corps. alternate route:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/31854425

Re: Update! For tomorrow - Sunday?

so many choices! But to clarify - your route update is for tomorrow - right Martha T?

Re: Update! For tomorrow - Sunday?

Yes, this is the route we will be doing tomorrow at 1:00.

Hmmm. I came up with effluvium as in telogen effluvium, one of the leading causes of baldness and galoot, a fellow, especially one that is strange or foolish. I thought you were referring to yourself.

Ha Ha! You funny. Wrong, but funny.

Today's ride will be as originally posted. Adventure can start a separate thread.

Those riding from Parsley's today can use the original post for time and routes.

See you there.