General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Annual Moonlight/Subway Ride - Tuesday 5:45pm @ Rockvale Community Center

The Annual-ish Moonlight/Subway Ride will be rolling out from Rockvale Community Center on Tuesday at 5:45pm. The forecast looks good, with a 99% waxing gibbous/full moon, temperatures around 60 degrees at the start and dropping to around 50 degrees by the time we are finished.  Dress appropriately for the weather, and if you have reflective gear of any sort, please wear it. 

As a reminder, front and rear lights are absolutely required.   Rear lights can be blinking until it gets dark, but then should be set to steady non-blinking mode.  Please charge or replace your batteries before you come, and if you haven’t used your lights in a while, give them a test before the day of the ride. (Many lessons learned from prior Moonlight & night rides!).  And if you don’t own lights, you still have time to visit MOAB to pick some up!

You have a choice of 2 routes, both meeting in Chapel Hill for dinner at Subway, with all riders returning on the same route.  If you can average 14mph+, come on out and don’t worry about being dropped or left alone...we’ll either all stick together or split into 2 groups.  If we do split into 2 groups, I’ll sweep one group and ask the other group to also ensure that no one is left to ride alone.    And if we split into 2 groups, the faster group should take the longer route.

Moonlight 40.8

Moonlight 35.4

I hope to see you on Tuesday!

Re: Annual Moonlight/Subway Ride - Tuesday 5:45pm @ Rockvale Community Center

I plan to be there!