General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Tuesday 5:45pm Club Ride -- Patterson Baptist

How fast is fast? Not sure if I should do the Sharpsville ride instead?

Amanda, It all depends on who shows up. We have a large number that average 19-23mph, but we frequently have a smaller number that average maybe 15-16-ish? You are more than welcome to come, but it's hard to know from week to week what to expect. I've missed a lot of rides this year due to travel, so I'm not sure what "regulars" are showing up besides the fastest guys & gals.

Hi Amanda
As Mark mentioned there are usually 2 or 3 different groups. I do know there is a couple planning to come out and ride the 20mi and at a moderate pace. My guess is 15 to 16mph ave.

There are usually 2 or 3 that average about the same 16-17mph that will likely ride the 27mi option.

There will be a group of us that will try to hang on to the faster guys who will likely ave 20 to 21 on the longer route even though they will pull away from us to ave 22+. There are a few of us that must like pain. LOL

I looks like it might rain tonight. Will this stop the ride?

Tom, If it's raining or the roads are soaked, we usually cancel the official ride. We'll look at the radar around 4pm and make a call. If you don't see an update, we'll be planning to ride. Of course, things can change, so everyone needs to use their own judgement.