General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Last Official Ride of the Season - Sunday, October 29 - 2:00 p.m. Rockvale Elem

I began riding with this club 20 years ago - so to celebrate our history - I'm planning to lead a ride the old fashioned way - before GPS, before RideWithGPS - back when we had "map holders" and Cateye computers.

Come prepared with an open mind and a sense of adventure. You might also want to bring a quart size baggie and some small binder clips, clothes pins, or paper clips.

This will be a 'No Drop' ride for sure! Route is approximately 25 miles.

Dress warmly - it's going to be crisp out at 2:00 tomorrow.

I will provide maps.

Trust me - it will be fun!

RIDE LOCATION:
Rockvale Elementary
RIDE LEADER:
Sarah L 615-202-3072
RIDE DATE:
Oct 29 2017 - 2:00pm

Re: Last Official Ride of the Season - Sunday, October 29 - 2:00 p.m. Rockvale Elem

Okay folks - a bunch of you "liked" my post on facebook - but how many are truly planning on coming out today?

I don't want to discourage anyone - but it's going to be 47 degrees with 12 mph winds out of the North -

I'm thinking I may rather do the retro ride when the weather is a bit more pleasant.

Karen has posted a route https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26425426 that would be good for anyone who is just dying to get a ride in - she's riding at 1:00 - but you could do that route at 2:00 just as easily.

Let me know what you want to do.

Re: Last Official Ride of the Season - Sunday, October 29 - 2:00 p.m. Rockvale Elem

I’d love to ride with the Prez on her 20th anniversary but sure would like warmer weather.
I vote to reschedule.

Will Reschedule Retro Ride to Warmer Weekend

I've chatted with several of you and I believe consensus is to postpone the retro ride to another date - and with that, I'm going to find something warmer to do today than ride my bike.

If you choose to ride this afternoon - stay warm and safe.

I'll see y'all at the post HOT 100 Party at Bill and Judy's on Saturday November 4th.

Re: Will Reschedule Retro Ride to Warmer Weekend

Lightweights

Re: Will Reschedule Retro Ride to Warmer Weekend

I am so guilty, Mick! It turned into a beautiful afternoon - I'm so sorry I canceled.