General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Heart of Tennessee Century in the Books - put a fork in me!

I want to thank all the folks who worked so tirelessly to make this years HOT 100 a success!

Route Creators - Nathan Reed, Garrett Dunnam, Stephen Davis, and Mark Bartleson - many many compliments from the riders.

Route Markers - co-captains Garrett Dunnam and Bob Barkley - your teams of markers did a terrific job - and many compliments from the riders were heard all day long.

Rest Stop Coordinators- Jennifer Dooley and Gary McClain and their merry band of workers. Wow - you guys worked half the night Friday night and from 3:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. and never stopped smiling. But all the work you did before Friday night certainly paid off - securing the sites, ordering the port o potties, coordinating the delivery of the water, tables, chairs. etc. etc.

T-shirt Coordinator - Georganne Ross - There are NO left over t-shirts in my house!!!

SAG - Steve Lovett - you are the best husband ever - and not a bad SAG coordinator. Good work to you and your amazing volunteers today - I'm super glad that we just didn't have to sag but one couple in all day.

HAM - radio team - Tom Delker and his team did an amazing job herding in all the cyclists throughout the day - and keeping us informed.

Sponsorship - Tom Campbell thank you for securing such great sponsors - I believe the Stan McNabb folks are on again for next year, and just may provide us SAG vehicles - all the swag was well received. And the beer provided by Joe Linton at Green Dragon was a huge hit!! Also thanks to MOAB, St. Thomas Rutherford, Publix, David Renegar, Tangerine, Green Dragon, Ideas, Saris, Mayo's Paint and Flooring, Dick's Sporting Goods, MAC, Aegis, and Zoe's Kitchen.

Registration Coordinator - Bryan Campbell - thank you and especially to your amazing wife for all the work you do with pre-registration, early packet pick up and day of - that's where the real money comes in!

And a super special thank you to our peeps from Community Care of Rutherford County. Nathan Reed ran himself ragged - he did everything I asked of him and more - it turned out to be a great place from which to host a ride. And it was delightful to see our good friend Juan Cantero at CCoRC - the post ride meal was perfect! Compliments to the chef!

I know I'm leaving lots of people out as it take many many people to make this event the success that it is - but I trust you know who you are and you know that we couldn't put this event on without everyone pitching in and helping out. Thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you Murfreesboro Bike Club - you always make me proud to be a part of this community!

Re: Another Heart of Tennessee Century in the Books - put a fork in me!

I know it would have been a bit gauche to put Sarah L's name in the list, but some adjectives that could have been used are: instrumental, pivotal, irreplaceable . . . You get the idea.

Thanks for your leadership and hard work.