General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
recumbents galore!

On Saturday while I worked at my retirement job selling lawn mowers, I saw about a dozen recumbents whiz by and enter the Cannonsburg green-way trailhead just below the store. Within minutes two other large 'bent groups came by. Not to exaggerate, but there must have been 40 lay-downs total (have I used all the recumbent monikers yet?).

What the heck was going on? There wasn't a single upright ride in the whole bunch. I wouldn't have imagined there were that many Simon Birch bikes (there's another fairly obscure nickname) in the whole state, much less locally. I inquired of one wherefrom they originated as they cruised by and he said something about Memorial Blvd, but that's all I could hear.

Anyone know? Just curious.

BTW--Hooper Power Equipment has end-of season closeout pricing on premium zer0-turn mowers from SCAG and BOB-CAT to SNAPPER. Come see me soon--they're going fast! (Sorry, I know we're not supposed to advertise here, but I couldn't resist )

Re: recumbents galore!

Recumbent Bicycles of Tennessee
Recumbentbikestn.com
730 Middle TN Blvd

Re: recumbents galore!

There was a recumbent rally at Recumbent Bicycles of Tennessee. I was in one of the groups you saw. There are a LOT of recumbents in the Middle Tennessee area but this group was made up of people who had purchased a trike from RBOT. We had a total of 68 riders with folks coming from as far away as Illinois and Texas. Our group went down to MTSU and then hit the Greenway for the rest of the day. A good time was had by all.