General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John Wooten Update -

On the club ride today, Saturday, July 22nd - John Wooten and Terry O'Hair were bitten by a dog on Greenbrier Swamp road near Kingdom. The dog nipped Terry's ankle - but got a good hold on John's calf. Thankfully, neither rider went down. Terry rode on and finished the route - and I assume is fine.

The sheriff and animal control for Bedford County were both called and responded to the scene. Then dog has been place in quarantine in Shelbyville - as the owners have no record of shots. The owners also admitted that the dog had bit 5 or 6 other people. (don't get me started....)

John's wife picked him up at the Midland market and as Phil and Paul would say, took him to hospital-he received a tetanus shot, antibiotics, and pain meds. John's wife, Sheree, said that John is doing fine, just really sore.

Thanks to all who stayed around and helped with the situation - especially to Demond Ivory for making the necessary calls -and to Bobbi D for warning those of us lagging behind of the issue.

I'm proud of this club and how well we take care of each other.

Stay safe out there -

Sarah

Re: John Wooten Update -

That same dog has chased me at least twice! Last time I was able spray him in the face with the Halt! dog repellent, that stopped him long enough for me to get away.

Glad both riders are OK!

fighting Iinfection is the problem

Dog's mouths are nasty and getting healed without getting an infection is the challenge. Get more antibiotics at the 1st sign of infection.

Dog owner needs to pay the hospital bills.

Re: John Wooten Update -

I just wanted to thank everyone for helping me today. I'm proud to be a part of such a great group of people. Thanks to the ones that stayed & helped with the calls and waiting with me until my wife arrived. I especially want to thank Sarah. She's a great leader of our group.