General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2017 Election Results for the MBC

A kinder gentler election happened today with the Murfreesboro Bike Club - I am honored to serve another year as your president. Congratulations to Gary McClain - newest member of the Officers - he will serve as our Secretary in 2017. And I'm grateful to Bryan Campbell - Treasurer, Bob Barkley-Ride Director, Steve Lovett - Communications Director for agreeing to serve with me another year.

A big thank you to our appointed position volunteers - Bobbi Davo - Statistician; Steve Lovett - Membership Coordinator, Web Master (when you're married to the prez, you get extra jobs); Alicja Kutyla Lanfear - Newsletter Editor; Garrett Dunnam-Mtb Coordinator; Dorothy Stevens - Our NEW Comfort Zone Coordinator (thank you thank you Dorothy!) Bill Heim - Touring Coordinator and HOT 100 Ride Director; Kellee Mulloy Inskeep - Ride Like a Girl Coordinator.

There was good conversation about the future of the HOT 100. Be watching for a Survey Monkey in your inbox within the next few days - we need your input before making a final decision, and since so few members attending this important meeting (AND A HUGE THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO DID COME OUT!!) we felt a survey was in order. It's your club - your opinion matters.

I'm looking forward to a terrific 2017 with the Murfreesboro Bike Club.

Thanks officers!

...for all the work that you do, and continuing to heard all of us cats. We appreciate all that you do to keep our bike club together!

Mark B.

Re: Thanks officers!

^herd

Re: 2017 Election Results for the MBC

Would you elaborate on some of discussion about hosting the HOT 100, what were pros and cons mentioned? Also, the survey asks about a fee increase if we do not host HOT. Wondering why not hosting would necessitate a fee increase?

Hey Nan - There was very good discussion regarding host the HOT. I'm sorry you missed it.

The HOT is our primary fund raiser for the club. With the money we raise, we support 3 or 4 advocacy groups, pay for insurance that covers the club and the members in case of an accident on a club ride, pays a good portion if not all of our expenses for off the bike events, covers mileage awards, make donations to the churches we ride from on a regular basis, and a whole host of little things here and there.

If we stop the HOT - We would become primarily a member dues supported club - and we would need to then re-evaluate our financial objectives and live within our budget.

If you or anyone else like to discuss this in more detail, you are more than welcome to call me - my phone number is on the officer page.

I want to hear from each of you - thus the Survey. Please let me know your thoughts.

We plan to make a decision at our December 12 officers meeting at my house. This is an open meeting and members are welcome.

Sarah

Thanks for providing the info even though I missed the discussion.
Thank you,
NMac