General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Center Hill Dam Ride

ignore the very beginning of this route - it's starting at the cabin where we are staying - the ride itself will start from the parking lot at the dam.

Re: Center Hill Dam Ride

This is the route we last traveled in April. We will travel across the massive Center Hill Dam which gave the Feds legal justification to confiscate what little was left in these parts after the "War of the Rebellion". Then we glide along the Caney Fork River until the hills take us up to Chestnut Mound where the battered Confederate Army nursed its wounds following the Battle of Mill Springs ,KY. From there we descend to Granville. Michel Travers says it is not so gran, but I like it. But beware, there are scarecrows throughout the town, and they are first cousins to evil clowns. Following a stop at the best country store in Middle Tennessee, we head up to Avery Trace and the oldest road in Middle Tennessee leading to Buffalo Valley. We will climb up to Silver Point and down Wolf Creek to lunch at the Big Rock Market. Janice Starnes Martin will serve us some great BBQ. Since Amy is not coming ,I will try to win Janice's favor, but I think I still make her sick. At least that is what she said when we were in high school.