General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tuesday 6pm Club Ride @ Patterson Baptist

For this week's PBC ride, we'll be using the same two routes from last week, so search the bb below for the GPS links. I had a couple of good conversations with different riders last week, and combining those conversations, I'll suggest the following plan for this week:

Group 1: 23+mph riders that like to hammer -- roll out as usual

Group 2: riders that averaged 21mph last week (and similar riders) -- we'll stick together, maintaining smooth double or single pacelines, with shorter pulls and a slightly faster pace than last week. No hard accelerations or attacks so that we improve the probability of staying together. Let's target a 22mph average -- because several commented last week that we could have done that if we'd been a little more focused on it. At the same time, we're not trying to blow everyone off the back.

For those that don't think they can do 22mph but want to try but risk falling off, we will regroup with those that are close by at a) Hill Rd/Rocky Glade, b) the closed store at Old Rover, and c) Hill Rd/Patterson on the return. So even if you do fall off on the hills, you can probably get a pretty good average by hanging on during the flatter sections. Everyone please roll through the paceline rotation, even if you don't feel strong enough to stay at the front for long.

Group 3: roll out as usual

Short Route: roll out as usual

I'll have cue sheets and will make sure everyone is back at the end.