General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
25th Annual HOT 100 - in the books!

Great Job Today Murfreesboro Bike Club!! I heard nothing but positive comments all day long from participants in the 25th annual HOT 100. Amazing team work- positive attitudes - and serving spirits all the way around. You make me very proud!!

Bill Heim put together an amazing team of volunteers. I believe we had close to 100 volunteers for the event.

Bryan Campbell managed the onsite registration - and his daughters get extra kudos for running their little legs off Friday and Saturday.

Ros Alexander managed the rest stops and volunteers. She made sure there was plenty of food and a variety of it, and plenty of water.

Steve Lovett managed the SAG support. those guys put many miles on their personal vehicles, pick up over heated riders, herded stray riders back on course, and manage mechanical issues quickly and effectively.

Major kudos to Janet Fry on the route changes. EVERYONE I spoke to loved the new route (except for "That" hill)!

Thanks to Garrett and Alicja for making the 90 mile water stop much more than a water stop.

And where would we be without the HAM radio guys and gals - they certainly make our day much easier and help us to know where every rider is on the route.

And to everyone who stepped up and said "What can I do". I appreciate you each and everyone!

I heard from many riders through out the day, and their comments included:
The route markings were great!
The SAG Support was visible and encouraging!
The Rest Stops had great choices, and wonderful volunteers!
"The water stop at mile 90 saved my life - twice!"

Those of you who stayed an helped with clean-up - got us out of there in record time.

I counted a total of 358 riders. 108 walk up registrations for the day.

Lascassas Baptist Church tells me they fed 300 riders and volunteers.

Thank You Murfreesboro Bike Club!

Sarah

Re: 25th Annual HOT 100 - in the books! And I can't forget Bob!

And thank you to Bob Barkley and his Merry Band of Spray Painters! Their route marking is the best around! Thank you all for your time and hard work!!

Re: 25th Annual HOT 100 - in the books!

We have a new drink at the Readyville Rest Stop....Pickle juice shots.... all around! Great day and lots of wonderful people. Has anyone heard how the person injured on Charles Smith Road is? Praying for him and his family.

Re: 25th Annual HOT 100 - in the books!

Thanks to the bike club for allowing the riders from Project Hero join the ride. From everyone I talked to, they had a great time and are already looking forward to next year. The organization is attempting to work with MTSU to expand their presence in the M'boro area. If anyone knows of any Vets, disabled or not, or any riders who would like to help the Vets, please let me know.

Any update on the rider who was injured yesterday?