General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Update on Jono Sims

Jono took a nasty spill near the end of today's bike ride. He fell pretty hard, so we called 911 and had him taken to MTMC (aka St Thomas Rutherford) to be checked out.

Just heard from his wife Kala - and they are headed home - Jono has a concussion, separated shoulder, 4 broken ribs and an abdominal hematoma.

His first question for the doctor was "when can I ride". The sign of a true cyclist - but the truest sign was when he requested to see his bike before they loaded him into the ambulance.

His bike is fine - Jason Biggs took it by MOAB to make sure - and Mark checked it out, made a couple of adjustments, and declared it good to go.

Keep Jono in your thoughts and prayers - hopefully he'll heal up quickly and be back in time for the June Thursday night climb up Lynch - he is quite disappointed that he doesn't get to climb it this coming Thursday.

Y'all be safe out there.

Sarah

Re: Update on Jono Sims

I just left Jono's house. He is in good spirits. Claims he will still do the CRAM with me on the 24th. He was chillin on the couch visiting with some friends from church. While the meds had him dozing off he couldn't help but talk about his bicycle. He had me bring it in the living room. His face lit up as his date to the prom rolled in. He looked it over well and showed his friend the bicycle. He explained to me exactly how his beautiful black and white Trek should be placed in her rack in the garage. I think Jono is going to be fine.

Sad Jono that you had the nasty crash. Prayers for quick healing and being back on your beloved bike soon. Kala hope to ride with you again soon.

Jono, Sorry to hear about your crash. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Jone- Hope you heal quickly!

Sorry to hear, best wishes on a speedy recovery!

Heal quickly Jono & I hope to see you soon!

Hi Jono...WOW...bad crash!!! Glad to hear you are recovering well! Again thanks for the visit with Julie while I was in surgery with my back!! Maybe we can do some recovery rides together.Gods speed for a quick recovery!

Jono, sorry to hear this news! Gretchen and I are praying for a quick recovery!