General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Incident on Harpeth/Peytonsville Road

I called the Williamson County Sheriff's office to report the red pick up truck with Perry Door Company sign on the tailgate hauling bales of pine straw.

Had I stopped right when the incident happened at 10:30 this morning on Harpeth/Peytonsville Road, they would have sent a car out to take a report - lesson learned -

I also left a message on the Perry Door Company's answer machine - explaining what happened, that we had at least 5 witnesses, educated him about the 3 foot law (rather than the 3 inches this yahoo thought was funny) and reminded the owner that not only was this behavior bad for business but that many cyclists today wear helmet cameras and record such behavior to protect themselves.

We will see if he calls me back.

Let me know if anyone other than me, Juan, Bobbi, Janet, Jono, and Steve were buzzed by this truck.

Re: Incident on Harpeth/Peytonsville Road

Is the sheriff going to go get him? Setting aside the 3 foot rule, that's still 5 assaults. Don't let the sheriff tell you otherwise. They nailed another business owner from Franklin for doing something similar.

Mark B.

Sarah- thanks for your advocacy. I was pretty shook up by the incident, we were blessed that nobody was injured. The driver was aggressive and dangerous.
Janet

So glad no one was hurt. I agree with Janet- they should charge the driver with assult with a deadly weapon(which a truck/car is).

Happy Easter!

If you have this on film and the sheriff's office won't do anything I would consider a civil suit against the driver.

I had a very interesting conversation with Mr. Tom Perry this morning. The issue is not resolved just yet and may require me and those involved filing a formal complaint. But as Bill Heim has suggested, bad publicity for a business may be way more effective than a $50 fine for breaking the 3 foot law. I will keep you informed - but let it be said that Mr. Perry and his employee have ****** off the wrong grandma....I do not have video proof - but there is a very good possibility that Mr. Perry himself has video proof.

I will not ride again without my video camera.