General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Saturday 15 Mar ride

I need the miles, can't do the speed. Anyone interested in going a bit slower?, or finding a ride closer to Nashville?

The shorter ride should be at a slower speed. i am not sure what my speed will be. What are you looking for in speed.

I'm not sure. It's been a long winter. Even though the route is fairly flat, I probably couldn't do more than 15mph for 60 miles.

I'll probably come out anyhow. I know the roads, so keeping up with the crowd is not a necessity.

dc

I'm in!

See ya there!

Hi, Janet, you can blame me and not your GPS on the confusion today. We were supposed to turn on newtown. It changes names twice and becomes Walnut Grove. Going in reverse you wouldn't see WG.

Nice ride, Nicest day since I don't know when.

Re: ( Why the bad road on the course) Saturday 15 Mar ride

So I found out why we had a road on the course today that was clearly not a road.

Exact location. North/West of Chapel Hill.
"Lunns store RD" to "S Perryman Rd" to "Unnamed road" to "Moss Rd"

Looks like Google assigned it as a road because the tree line making it appear that there is a road (See Sat view in Google maps) but never gave it a name, hence the "unnamed road". I have sent a notice to Google to fix the issue. This should prevent this from happening again if a new route is made over the same road in the future. However, I'm not sure what that will do to Ride with GPS data/routes that has already been made on the site. RWG data/routes are drive as by Google maps.

FYI if you find something wrong on Google maps it pretty easy to notify Google. When viewing Google maps on a computer note that in the lower right hand corner is a question mark icon. Clicking on this will give several options. Click on "Report a data problem" and follow the questions. Just be clear as to what the issue is. Note roads to the issue (Street A to Road B to issue) not any land marks.

Hope this helps.
Also sent a note to Google about Oak Grove Rd. to Carlton Rd. near Hwy 269.