General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What are your goals this year?

Do you have a set number of miles in mind? Or a certain number of centuries you will complete? Maybe your first century? (If so, hit me up. We will be doing the Sunrise again this year) How about a tour you've always dreamed of doing?

Re: What are your goals this year?

My goal is 10,000 mile +.

Get back in shape after knee surgery and to learn routes here. Just moved back from upstate NY

Easy miles!

Get in good cardio-vascular shape with 15 or so local, easy miles at 13mph along some beautiful, flat routes with sweet people. Anytime I'm on my bike it's a workout for me...no desire for any centuries. I appreciate your help with the club, Jason!

Susan

Goals for 2014

For anyone having the goal of doing a tour. There are a number available close to home as well as some further. A good starter tour is the Spring BRAT Myt 3rd & 4th that starts at Henry Horton State park. You can camp out or stay at the parks that you go to. Cost with camping is $100 which includes breakfast and dinner for both days and a well supporeed route with lots of rest stops. Email if you are interested and we will answer any questions you can come up with.Bill

I'm doing the Grand Tour Series this year which consists of 6 different rides in the mid-state. I'd like to do some form of gravel grinder/packed dirt ride that was done yesterday in Hickman County. Since I was out of town I missed out. I think a metric century that tours a winery or two in the Natchez Trace area would be another good idea. I've posted that idea on the Facebook page.

I would like to complete a century this year. I am not worried about doing it fast, just doing it.

Ride my bike - early and often - get my run back, and not walk the lake during the Memphis in May Olympic Tri.

Keep working on technique, build speed, and get more miles in!

Is anyone up for a ride tomorrow, weather permitting?

To not be the one ALWAYS "Back There" although I will keep the nicname! I am doing Spring BRAT, Tour De Cure and Fall BRAT for sure. I would also like to get between 2500 and 3000 miles. I've never made that yet in the 14 years I've been riding. Kind of like the CUBS...."Maybe this year!"

To complete the sunrise century in 5 hours so I can get my steak dinner...or at least pedal fast enough to be able to stop for ice cream at Dairy Queen & still make it back in time for spaghetti dinner. :) Learn how to do my own repairs. Take my bike on a vacation.

Ride my bike. Have fun. Don't fall off. Check!!

Ride to Chattanooga from Murfreesboro.
1. Still need to check the route out...road conditions/Stops.
2. Find some support people (SAG).
3. Build up the strength for the little hill at the end.
4. See if anyone is interested in riding along.
5. Set a date....maybe sometime between late July or early August.

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/3306136

I guess since I asked the question I could also provide an answer. This year I want to be able too ride a century without having to train for it. Get prepared and stay there. And if I want to ride a century two or three weeks back to back, then I'm ready.

Jay - Tour de Cure used to ride from Murfreesboro to Chattanooga - I have those routes somewhere if you'd like to see them - email me.