General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation -

Anders Swanson, a Chattanooga bicyclist, was assaulted while riding his bicycle on Raccoon Mountain on January 11, 2014. The alleged assailants have been identified and confessions were obtained during interviews by the Chattanooga Police Department. Despite this body of evidence the case remains under investigation by the Marion County, TN Sherriff’s Department.

The incident has received substantial local and national media attention and you can read about it following these links:

Chattanooga Times Free Press - "As Terrifying as a Riding a Bike"
Bicycling Magazine - "What Really Happened on Raccoon Mountain"
Outside Magazine - "Why Cyclists Need to Start Fighting Back"
An account has been established to collect donations to assist Anders and his family with expenses incurred by this incident.

You can make a contribution to the Anders Swanson Assistance Fund.

www.jeffrothcyclingfoundation.org

Re: Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation -

FYI the supplied link www.jeffrothcyclingfoundation.org
does not work.

Hold off on this for now - Re: Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation -

Just received this email from Philip Pugliese of Outdoor Chattanooga:
Hey Phil,

I noticed that Jeff Roth has a link up to provide donations for support on Facebook. I really appreciate the gesture but we'd like to hold off on any type of donation at this point until we're absolutely clear on the criminal outcome of this case.

I've heard from a variety of people recently that any incoming civil action would have a chilling effect on the criminal case, and Cathi and I are most committed to criminal charges as it would benefit the largest number of people in the cycling community. If you can pass this along I would really appreciate it. Thanks,

Anders

Re: Jeff Roth Cycling Foundation -

Those boys had a Confederate Battle Flag plate on the front of their truck. I am conflicted in my allegiance on this controversy.