General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jim Kidd

Many of you know Jim Kidd and probably had one of your first rides from Jim's house on Kimbro road. He's a long time member and a good friend to many. Jim taught me to how to climb Whitus way back in the late '90s.

I thought you all would want to know that Jim's wife, Wanda, passed away New Year's Eve. Here is her obituary.

Wanda F. Kidd, age 77 of Murfreesboro, passed away Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at Community Care of Rutherford County.

Mrs. Kidd was born in Kenvir, KY to the late John and Ophie Burkhart. She was a past employee of Rutherford County Board of Education.

Mrs. Kidd was preceded in death by her parents and sister, Geraldine Slusher.

She is survived by her husband, Jim Kidd of Murfreesboro; daughter, Karen Pitts (Vincent Doody) of Smyrna; son, Jim Kidd, Jr. (Helen) of Indianapolis, IN; grandchildren, Josh Boone (Kathleen), Sydney Pitts, Justin Kidd (Cassie) Aaron Kidd; great-grandchild, Hunter Boone; sisters, Irene Burton, Patsy Rymer, Betty Hubbs, Bobbie Rymer, Imogene Morris.

The family will receive friends Saturday, January 11, 2014 from 2 p.m. - 6 p.m., at the family's home, 2141 Veterans Pkwy. (formerly Kimbro Rd.), Murfreesboro, TN 37128.

Those wishing may send condolences online at www.murfreesborofuneralhome.com.Murfreesboro Funeral Home, 145 Innsbrooke Blvd., Murfreesboro, TN (615) 896-2229.

Re: Jim Kidd

Thanks Sarah for posting this. So sad for Jim. We'll be thinking of him and stop by his home tomorrow. He taught me how to draft and pulled me many miles when I was learning.