General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Almost Free MTB Rental! *** Nov 9th & 10th

Want to try Mtb riding but don't have a bike? Rent one for the weekend at MTSU for $26.00 and the the club will pick up the most of the tab for its members. You pay only $5.00.

Good entry level bikes ranging in small(16") to large(21") sizes are available at MTSU Campus Recreation Center. Reserve yours today by calling 615 904-8335 or 615 898-2104. Hours 1-6 pm m, t, th, fri. Closed wed and weekends.

I will be offering rides from two different locations:

Saturday the 9th @ Chickasaw Trace Park. Suitable for entry level and experienced riders. 4-8 mile loop

Sunday the 10th @ Cane ridge park in Antioch. Beginner level 1.8 mile loop with the option of more technicial riding at nearby Long Hunter SP.

When: 9th and 10th @ 10:00

Where: (Both rides) Carpool, Broad st. (hwy 41) 1/4 mile south of 840.

Be sure to check the message board for additional details or weather updates.

Please let me know if you will be attending by responding below this posting.

Contact me, I'll be happy to answer any questions. Todd @ 757 319-3849

Re: Almost Free MTB Rental! *** Nov 9th & 10th

YAY! Todd - I'm in for the Sunday ride - and maybe the Saturday ride as well - I have my own MTB, but will have to pump the tires for sure - as I am a VERY inexperienced trail rider.

I hope to see other newbies out there with us both of those days! This is a great opportunity to try MTBing!

Join us!!

I am tied up on the 9th but will be there on the 10th looking forward to my FIRST Mtb ride. So what do I need to do to make this happen. I am sure other people are in the same boat as I am. Let me know what I need to do in detail.

Bill, This the order of operations I would use:

1. Reserve bike now - call the above #s or visit the campus rec center on Blue Raider Dr. Also, get a clear understanding of what thier inclement weather return policy is.

2. Watch the weather for that weekend - check site or with me in case of wet weather. I'll attempt to make any weather call by noon that friday.

3. Pickup bike - Note rental center hours above, and that they are NOT open on weekends.

4. Show up at one of the carpool rides with enough hydration and food for 2+ hours of riding.

5. Buy a "for sale" sign for your road bike.

I'm shooting to join you on the 10th.

Mark B.

I'm in for the Chickasaw Trace ride. Since I live in that direction, I'll meet you there. You have an estimate of an arrival time?

I should arrive at the trailhead about 11:00.